✓ Yoga classes and meditation sessions
✓ Accomodation in comfortable cottages, luxury rooms
✓ Ayurvedic Massage sessions
✓ Daily Buffet meals
✓ Ayurveda and Yoga related talks by trained instructors
✓ 24x7 support
|Additional benefits (on request)||
✓ Pre-travel consultation
✓ Local Cultural experiences
✓ Guide Services
✓ Airport transfer
✓ Visa and travel-insurance assistance
✓ Complete travel booking
At AryaMargaYoga we integrate the body-mind yogic principles of attaining psychological homeostasis or well-being through physical homeostasis.
Our yoga therapy is based on the integration of parametric systems of contemporary psychology, with the ancient yogic systems of mind control.
• No-Mind meditation techniques of the Raja Yoga Sutras
• cleansing and life-force amplification practices of pranayama
• Gain a deeper understanding of the transformative practice of 8 limbs of yoga
• Learn the methods of mental development by cultivating attention and perception
• Gain an authentic understanding of the risky practice of Pranayama or Life-force control
• Develop higher levels of consciousness through no-mind meditation techniques
English US, English UK, Hindi
• Accommodation with food
• Class Schedule
• Content break-up
• Study material,etc.
All meals included
AryaMarga Yoga Institute Bir, District Kangra Himachal Pradesh 176 077 India
The closest airport to Bir is the Dharamshala airport, about 30-45 minutes south of Dharamshala. Daily flights service is available between Delhi – Dharamshala.
If your flight does manage to reach Dharamshala airport, you can make the onward journey from there to Bir by bus or taxi (see the relevant sections below for details).
Option 1 — Train to Pathankot + bus/taxi onward to Bir: The most common way to travel to Bir by train is to take a train from Delhi (or wherever your origin may be) to Pathankot/Chakki Bank (two neighbouring train stations in the Punjab, either of which is fine) and then make the rest of the journey to Bir by bus (6-8 hours) or taxi (4-5 hours).
Option 2 — Train to Pathankot + toy train onward to Bir: It is also possible to go almost all the way to Bir by train if one has considerable patience and/or a profound love for trains. There is a charming little toy train that leaves every morning from Pathankot to Ahju, just 3km from Bir (below the Bir Road intersection). Most overnight trains from Delhi (when running on time) reach Pathankot approximately an hour before the toy train leaves, so the connection is doable unless your train from Delhi is quite late (which, of course, is always a possibility, though less likely on Rajdhani and Shatabdhi express trains).
From Delhi: Bir is about 12-14 hours from Delhi by bus. From the Inter-state Bus Terminal (ISBT), take a bus to either Baijnath. There are two overnight buses from Delhi to Baijnath, both of which depart mid-evening and arrive early morning.
From Pathankot/Chakki Bank: Jump on any bus heading for Dharamshala, Kangra, Palampur, Baijnath, Mandi, Manali, or Shimla, and then refer to the notes for Dharamshala and Baijnath below.
From Dharamshala: Bir is about four or five hours from Dharamshala by bus, depending on the timing of buses and number of connections. There are three ways to travel from Dharamshala to Bir by bus, listed here starting with the most convenient:
From Baijnath: If your bus terminates at Baijnath, you then have the option of traveling the last leg to Bir (20-30 minutes) either by bus or by taxi (about Rs 250). If you choose to go by bus, there are two options. The most convenient is to take one of the direct buses from Baijnath to Bir (which leave about every half hour or so and go all the way to Upper Bir). Alternatively, you can take any bus heading east from Baijnath (e.g. Jogindernagar, Mandi, Manali, or Shimla) and ask the driver or conductor to drop you off at Bir Road.
Taxi is the fastest and most convenient way of getting to Bir from Pathankot or Dharamshala, but it is also by far the most expensive and the least eco-friendly, so if you come by car, please consider sharing the ride with others.
• Roshan Palat – Founder
- Having pursued legal studies, Roshan Palat worked in the field of finance post completion of his degree. Introduced to the Puranas and the Upanisads at an early age due to the nature of his surroundings, increasing interest in the authentic practices of Yoga kept taking him to the birth place of all the Yogas-the Indian Himalayas. Roshan met his Guru near an alpine village a few hours hiking distance from the mountain town of Uttarkashi. Ganapati Baba’s teaching of the 4 Yogas of the ancient Mahasiddhas Lineage and the profound manner in which it was imparted changed Roshan’s life forever. Having decided to commit to his practices under Babaji, Roshan spent a further 3 years with his Guru. Being instructed to learn more about Mahakaruna / The Great Compassion and Shunyata/Emptiness, by his Guru, Roshan undertook a 3 year study into Mahayana Buddhism and the View and Practices derived by that system from the 84 Mahasiddhas. Since then he has been residing, practicing and teaching in the Tibetan town of Bir situated in the Indian mountain state of Himachal. The system of Yoga taught by Roshan and towards the transmission of which the AryaMarga Yoga is founded is called the Anuttara Yoga Tantra. This system of Yoga, the Crest-Gem of all Yogas, is the legacy of the founders of Yoga-the Ancient Lineage of the 84 Mahasiddhas.
• Thanida Palat (Cookie) – Co-founder
Thanida, a citizen of Thailand, has been teaching various forms of traditional Hatha Yoga across Thailand and India. She has received advanced Hatha training from Kaivalyadham, Pune, Bihar Yoga Bharati, Munger, Sivananda Ashram, Kerala and JivamuktiYoga, New York.
Having received Yoga training in the Lineage of the 84 Mahasiddhas, Thanida has incorporated her knowledge of the Hatha Asanas with the structure of the 5 element intensification and harmonization practices of the Lineage. This has allowed us to re-introduce the 54 and 108 asanas of the Hatha Mandala as originally taught by the Lineage of the 84 Mahasiddhas.
Thanida conducts research and teaches at the AryaMarga Yoga institute where she is the Co-Founder of the Hatha Yoga Department.
• Maria Angel – Assitant Teacher
Maria is from Colombia, where she attended her first asana classes and started developing a passion for the practice. The feeling she had after her first class is something she will never forget and she remembers firmly knowing that this practice was going to be with her for the rest of her life. Of course, she could´t have even began to image how deep it would go.
After a few years of travels and a constant desire for a genuine appreciation and experience of the practice and theory of Yoga, she naively came to Bir for a short workshop with Roshanji. She could never describe the overwhelming feeling of how entirely new and singular this information was to her and yet how intensely akin she felt to what was being taught. She felt that she had come to a place where her thirst for deeper knowledge could be quenched and where she, as well as her understanding of life would be transformed entirely.
Maria has since joyfully been with the AryaMarga family. She leads Hatha Vinyasa classes for beginners to strong intermediates and is in training of pranayama, meditation and theory.
If cancellations are made within 3 days of the reservation, 100% cancellation charges will apply.
If cancellations are made 3-7 days prior to the reservation, 50% cancellation charges will apply.
If cancellations are made 8-14 days prior to the reservation, 30% cancellation charges will apply.
If cancellations are made before 15 days prior to the reservation, 5% cancellation charges will apply
Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India
"They took care of my journey on timely basis and always followed-up with me if i'm facing any problem during my trip. This is the way to take care the customer. My kid enojyed lots. Much recommended if you are planning your next trip."
"The trip was really good and a memorable one. The pick up and drop was perfect and well coordinated. The stay was more than comfortable and the entire package was indeed worth the value for money. "
"This was my first #ZolidayTrip. Brilliantly arranged and such a hassle free experience. Much recommended if you are planning your next trip."
"had a wonderful time in group of 4 friends! Do not miss out on this place! You wont regret :)"
"The way pick up was done and guide tips were good Driver was well behaved and took us to good places for both site seeing and restaurants where food was very good and reasonable."
"Loved Zoliday package. Everything was perfectly arranged. Felt personal."
"It really saved me time and effort. Had amazing time with my friends. Much needed break."